Wednesday 20 August 2008

Bits and Bobs

In addition to an enormous order of mini's, I've also been cruising BitzBox, looking for likely candidates for RipperGun conversions. Further to a detailed search, I landed upon the Dreadnought Stormbolter as a starter for ten - hopefully the scale won't be too far off and won't disappoint.

I'm really looking forward to going to town on these Ogres and coming up with some clever designs, they're Warhammer look is .... well quite scottish in a Mel Gibson's William Wallace meets Rab. C Nesbitt way... but I don't think that works for 40k.

I enjoyed Turtleboy "Vietnam" style cigar chomping A Team Orgryns, but are they the best design. Unlike most Imperial Guard units, abhumans can't be upgraded with camo. But the Bone'Ed can have carapace (which I will take full advantage of). In addition, I intend to kit the Bone'Ed out with something nut cracking, like a powerfist, but chances are 3 S10 hits with no save won't be allowed in the rules...

So people, what style do you suggest:
  • Vietnam Vets
  • Scottish Widows
  • Uber Ninjas
  • Sumo Club
  • 1970's Pimp Ogres
  • Agro Weight Watchers
I'm open to ideas...

Oh and I bought 3 more plasma guns for when those SMurfs go darkside.
blog comments powered by Disqus