Thursday 23 July 2009

D'oh my display Cabinet is full

By Suneokun.

Shortly after returning from a stellar holiday in bonny Cornwall, I partook to paint some models. Not wanting to get bogged down in a serious painting job I finished off a squad of random guardsmen that'd been knocking around on my 'to-do' shelf for a while (that's the one full of black basecoated figures)... taking the models upstairs to my (very slimlined) display cabinet, I stumbled across two remarkable discoveries:
  1. My display cabinet is now full. "We're gonna need a bigger boat!" and;
  2. I'd finished ALL my guardsmen...
Clearly this second revelation came as an utter shock. Ignoring converted Ogyrns, Rough Riders and Servitors (some paltry 10 models) and 6 heavy weapons teams, the lot were finished...

This is a sad day in the SuneoHome when so many wee-men have met their enamelled fate and been basecoated, brushed and varnished to a high quality.

I live in a single hope ... Gunnery Sergeant Harker has returned from a 'holiday' of hiding in a packing case, post APOC battle. There's a chance, just a chance that he's hidden some men from me... bastard!

The hunt goes on.

Still there's 9 Gargoyle and 2 Flying Warrior coversions to complete, I need to retrofit ALL my crisis suits with magnets and I have the desire to build 3 Tau sniper drones. Not to mention the Kroot (Which are wonderful models) of which only 11 need painting. Oh, and 2 Kroot hounds - and the 7 Deathguard I bought the other day ... and my second Devilfish needs a paint-job...

So I guess that light at the end of the tunnel WAS a train after all...

Or someone else lost in the dark (but with a flashlight)...

... was it you?