Tuesday 17 February 2009

Painting, mascots and markers

By Suneokun.

The Tyranids are coming on a pace. I've detoured back to finish off the Tau fire warriors [10], but here's the latest Roll to duty:
  • Broodlord
  • 3 Tyranid Warriors
  • 8 Genestealers
  • 8 Termagaunts
  • 6 Hormagaunts (see below)
  • ministealer
  • 1 Ripper Swarm
You may recognise the ministealer, he's an early 1990's Genestealer cult army magus familiar. Just to give you an idea over scale, he's quite tough to paint, being only 15mm high and will be used in games as a objective marker.

Next up are the Hormagaunts which I completed over two nights with very little pain, gaunts are quite easy to paint and really lend themselves to the quick paint (which is good becaue I've got loads!)

Last up is my personal favourite. On my continuing quest to spend hours hand crafting completely pointless units, I present my first ripper swarm. Put simply, I have lots of 40mm bases and only 10 rippers to share them.

They looked particularly unhappy on the bases on their own, not the mention a bit wimpy! So I decided to "bulk 'em up" with the addition of greenstuff and bits. The following is (while a bit gross) very pleasing for me, as it really gets a sense of the Rippers thriving through the carnage they make.

Please excuse the quality of the photo's, I had to rush them as the other half needed the camera for a trip to the petting zoo!

Let me know what you think?!?