Thursday 19 November 2009

Painting Update: Imperial Guard Finished

The Kochi Infantry (sans Tanks and heavy weapons teams) - click for a larger image.

It is with a sad face and dispondent attitude (but some little pride) that I report that the Kochi 20th Light Infantry/ 8th Mobile Infantry are complete. I finished the last Chimera last night.

This labour has taken just under two years to complete. While I still have three little men (leftovers from the last codex) to convert ... I'm not sure what I want them to be yet. The finished army can be fielded as a mobile infantry or a light infantry force. The 4 Chimeras are enough (although I'll probably get another at some point), and I may consider another Hellhound (the new model is SO nice).

As usual, my army is built around plenty of Chugs offering mobile firepower, lots of mortars and roughriders in support. I've steered clear of Valks/Vendettas and melta spam as actually I'd rather kill all the squishy little men and I meet very few Landraiders...!

They include:

HQ
  • Commissar Yarrick
  • 5 man Cadian (metal) Command Squad (Commander, Medic, Standard, Vox, injured and Melta)
  • 1 Al'rahem conversion
  • 1 Primeris Psyker
  • 1 Techpriest Enginseer and 4 Servitors
  • 1 Nork Deddog
Elites
  • 6 Ogryns
  • 9 Ratlings
  • 12 Karskin Storm Troopers (incl melta/plasma/grenade launcher/flamer)
  • 1 Sly Marbo conversion
Troops
  • 5 Missile Launcher Teams
  • 15 Mortar Teams
  • 3 Lascannon Teams
  • 3 Autocannon Teams
  • 3 Heavy Bolter Teams
  • 65 lasgun guardsmen
  • 25 special weapons guardsmen (flamer/plasma/melta/sniper rifle/grenade launcher)
  • 2 Heavy Flamers
  • 8 Platoon Officers/Vet Sergeants
  • 8 Standard Sergeants
  • 1 Harker conversion
  • 3 Commissars
  • 4 Chimeras
Fast Attack
  • 10 roughriders
  • 2 Hellhounds
  • 3 Sentinels
Heavy Support
  • 2 Leman Russ
  • 1 Demolisher
  • 1 Basilisk
Future of the Guard?

As stated previously, I'm intrigued by Psyker battle squads and I might buy a few priests, getting Straken at some point is on the agenda... but these things are all thinks for the future.

In the meantime, I have a Tau and Tyranid army to paint ... an a Nid army to remake after January.