Monday 28 November 2011

The most soul destroying comment I've ever received....

Out with the Wife, daughter and mother-in-law ... clearly in need of an academic remonstration of my inaccuracies.
Ok, I'm not on BoLS or something else where you'd expect nasty comments, but I received the following comment on my Article about the Bovington Tank Museum:

From Tim:

"Great pics, thanks, but with great respect, much of your commentary and identification of vehicles or their armament and purpose is inaccurate or completely wrong.  Again, sorry to be so negative, your pictures are lovely and a pleasure to look at." 

I've replied to it, but come on ... that's got to be the least constructive and undermining statement ever.  That's the kind of essential statement required for an academic work or published novel.

But on a wargaming blog written about a family trip to a European tank museum.  It seems a little extreme.

All I can wonder is if this guy is really jealous because I get to go to Europe's biggest tank museum and he's in Canada... so far from so many tanks.  Maybe because my family went with me ... and his are imaginary, no that can't be true. 

The worst part about it is that he doesn't even seem like an evil person.  He's got a wife and kids and lives in Canada.  Ok, so his website was started in 1995 in html and he's never got around to updating it ... maybe that's the source?

To add insult to injury, I checked the article and 90% of the information is directly garnered from the Bovington Info Panels (which I photographed as well, after all I was chasing a 2 year old all day ... I can't stand around) ... so I don't even have a clue what he's actually talking about, which parts are wildly inaccurate or wrong.

Apart from being a pedantic, internet Killjoy.  His motive fails me.

Anyway, this is Tim's Website (calling it a blog would be stretching it) ... check it out and maybe leave a comment ... no wait- you can't.
blog comments powered by Disqus