Great feedback from The King and Zacret there ... lots to chew on. Something everyone should take into consideration. I'm not about to start a whole new 40k Guard army. My army's built old school - and as such there ain't no Valk/Vendts or snazzy artillery. It's also a bit of a matter of pride that if it's popular on the interweb, it ain't with me.
It's also a requirement of the competition that every list has a 'special character' in it, hence their reoccurence...
Anyhow, here's my third attempt (second try here, first stab here):
- HQ: Command HQ with Regi-banner and Officer of the fleet (yes, that simple) @ 95pts
- HQ: Primaris Psyker @ 70pts
- Troops: Infantry Command with 4 Grenade Launchers and a Ryanair Chimera (no frills) @ 105pts
- Troops: 3 x Lascannon, power weapon squads with a PW commissar escort @ 285pts
- Troops: 5 x 3 Mortar Teams @ 300pts
- Troops: vets with 3 melta in a Ryanair Chimera @ 125pts
- Fast Attack: 3 Scout Sentinels with Lascannons @ 150pts
- Fast Attack: 5 Rough Riders with a meltabomb @ 60pts
- Fast Attack: Devildog with heavy flamer, smoke and x-armour @ 140pts
- Heavy Support: Leman Russ Battle Tank with 3 Heavy Bolters @ 170pts
- Heavy Support: Leman Russ Demolisher, commanded by Pask with Lascannon and 2 Heavy Flamers @ 250pts
The only question is whether to put Pask in the other russ and have two nasties ... or just one?
It's rocking with a lot of anti-mech firepower, albeit unconventional... which is the way I prefer to roll.