Tuesday 14 April 2009

DOWNLOAD: Commander's Field Handbook - Tyranids

Hormagaunts Swarm a desparate Sentinel

By Suneokun.

After reading through a few posts last week, my overcreative brain fizzed out another idea - how about a codex crib sheet? Well, who else should I raise the idea with, but Ron from FtW, creator of the "Infantry Guide to Armour" and "Battle Matrix". I knew I was onto something when he agreed with me and I got to work immediately.

So what we have is the following: The Commander's Field Handbook - Tyranids

These "crib sheets" are being designed with a few people in mind.
  1. The new player taking their army out on the town for first time and looking to make sure they don't miss anything.
  2. The player looking for a little information on the army setting up across the table from him.
  3. The veteran player looking for something to jog his memory and remind him of key points.
Needless to say, this will be the first of many "crib sheets." We will attempt to publish these as time allows and we get them completed.

Hormagaunt's: The Original Sketch

If you're a diehard player who knows your army rules inside and out and you spot any problems/mistakes/ambiguous statements, please post your comments here so we can take care of it. We aren't experts on every army so we're relying on you guys who are the experts to help us out a little bit.

The tentative production schedule is as follows:
  • Tau
  • Eldar
  • Space Marines
  • Orks
The big target for me (as an avid treadhead) is to make sure we have a guide for the New Guard Codex - which will put together as soon as I can get my hands on the new Codex and it will be squeezed into the schedule right away. Ron will just have to work around what I give him.

Hopefully, these "Commander's Field Guides" will become an indispensible part of your 40k gaming supplies.